Friday, October 15, 2010

Sick Boy


This poor little boy has been sick the last couple days. 2 nights ago was the worst, I was up all night with him...waking up every 30 minutes hearing him toss and turn and cry from not feeling good. He was running a fever, had a cough, wheezing, runny nose, all that fun stuff. So yesterday afternoon I took him into the doctor and his oxygen levels were low so they put him on a breathing machine and then checked and they were 5 percent better. He was still kind of wheezing though so they said he has some asthma and usually with a sickness it will make it worse. So we got to take home a lovely breathing machine and have to use it as needed, when he is having trouble breathing or coughing alot. He seems to be feeling a little bit better. I just feel bad for the poor guy, it's always hard when kids are sick. Last night was a better night. He is finally starting to feel a little bit better. He woke up coughing like crazy so we had to start up the breathing machine but now he is doing better. Ah the joys of motherhood though right? It truly is one of the hardest jobs I have ever had but yet the most rewarding and greatest job as well. This little boy sure makes it worth it. He makes me smile and laugh everyday and just melts my heart.

2 comments:

Holly said...

Poor Kiddo. Its just no fun when they get sick. Darn it!

Emily Gardner said...

Poor little Braxton! All we've ever dealt with is colds and teething and it still makes my heart ache. What a good mom you are though, and I hope his birthday is a beautiful day.