Sunday, October 17, 2010

If you're going to have a birthday...shout hurray!


This time last year I had so many thoughts about having a baby.
Would I be a good mother?
What was he going to look like?
How was labor going to be?
Would the labor go ok?
Would I rip or tear?
Was he going to be a big baby or small?
Would he be healthy?
Would he have hair?
How would the epidural feel?
Would nursing hurt?
Would he nurse well?
Would I recover well?
How is my life going to change having a new baby?
Will I still be able to do the things I like to do and want to do?
Will I still be able to spend time with Kyler?
Will I get any sleep?
When would he be here?
Would everything be ok?

I had so many thoughts and emotions going on. Last year at this time....I was in the hospital. Early this morning I was induced. A flood of emotion hit me when I was getting my IV. I didn't know what to think. I felt overwhelmed with everything. Kyler calmed me down and told me everything would be ok. It was a long day today and I was very disappointed when he didn't end up coming today. Tomorrow (October 18th) would be a long day as well...I didn't know it at the time but this stubborn little baby wouldn't come until tomorrow night at 7:19.
A year later I can't even imagine life without this little boy. He teaches me something new everyday. Yes some days are harder then others, and no its not always the easiest job, but it is indeed worth every minute. I love being a mom to our little Braxten. I'm grateful Kyler has a job and lets me stay at home with him.

A Year Later He:
Crawls
Gets in to EVERYTHING!
A Happy Boy
Says words
Likes to copy us when we say or do something
Throws fits
Loves to eat real food
Cries when someone leave
Loves Bath time
Loves animals and gets to excited when he sees them
Loves to follow me around and help out
Loves to sit and flip books (it keeps him entertained for a while)

There are so many other things I could put. He has grown up so much in a year. I can't believe how fast this year has gone. It has been such a great year though and we have been blessed in so many ways. Braxten is truly a blessing in our life. We love him and can't to watch him grow up through the years! (hopefully it won't go by too fast)
Happy Birthday (tomorrow) Braxten!

2 comments:

Holly said...

Happy Birthday Braxten! He is such a cute kiddo! You done good!

payneful life said...

Happy Birthday Braxten! They grow up so stinkin fast!