Sunday, November 7, 2010

Some days...

Some days I need a reminder and a little push to do better. We had a really great lesson on being grateful in Relief Society today. Kyler took Braxten to priesthood so I actually had a chance to listen.

"Be grateful. Everyday is a new canvas-a new opportunity. Our beloved Gordon B. Hinckley has said: "My plea is that we stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. I am suggesting that we go through life, we accentuate the positive." I am asking that we look a little deeper for the Good, that we still our voices of insult and sarcasm, that we more generously compliment and endorse virtue and effort."

I love this time of year to remember what I am thankful for. Everyday we can be thankful for something. I love that everyday is a new day, a new canvas and we can paint a brand new picture with new opportunities. I love everyday that I can strive to be better.

Today is the day I'm going to try to be more positive.
Today is the day I'm going to be more grateful .
Today is the day I'm going to try to be better.
Today I am going to try and tomorrow I'll try all over again.

I sure do love Sundays to get me motivated for the week. Hope everyone has a great Sunday!

1 comment:

Emily Gardner said...

Thanks Kara, that's exactly what I needed to hear (well read...:)