
What our chickens look like

A store bought egg compared to our fresh eggs

So our chickens look like this...(above picture) they are called silkies. They are the funniest looking things. We ordered them off the internet back in March/April. They finally started laying eggs. We have 11 chickens all together and 6 of them are hens. So on a good day we will get 6 eggs, usually its about 3 or 4. They are tiny so about 2 eggs equals one large egg. Braxten loves when it is time to go get the eggs. He loves the chickens and roosters, as it shows by he knows how to crow. I will set him down right in the middle of them and he loves it, they are gentle with him. It is kinda fun to feel self sufficient in a way.
3 comments:
How fun! Those are the funniest chickens I have ever seen! They look so cuddly to be chickens.
I want to cuddle that chicken! haha
Ah! How exciting that you have chickens! And how cute that he crows!
Post a Comment