Thursday, January 21, 2010

Snow...what's that?

Well I now live where it snows...I have a hard time believing that white stuff on the ground and coming from the sky is actually snow. It has been snowing all week and when I wake up in the mornings the ground is covered in snow. It has been kinda fun watching it and looking outside when everything is white. It is freezing cold and I need to invest in some winter clothes for Braxten and I, Kyler already has clothes from growing up here.
Well Braxten and I have been going to the library everyday and using the internet . It is quite funny I am surrounded by elderly people and it is so quiet and all you can hear is Braxten making noises. Everyone just looks at me and I just smile. I love spending time with Braxten and watching him grow. The days are going by pretty fast and it is always worth it when Kyler gets home. I am meeting people here which is exciting and fun. Everyone who sees me always says "Oh you're Kyler's wife aren't you?" That is what people know me up here as...hopefully soon the will know me by my name.

2 comments:

The Penrod Family said...

Don't worry, that how it was when we moved to Joseph City, where Michael grew up. Everyone would say the exact same thing to me "Oh you're Michael's wife!" Within a few months they realized I had a name!

Emily Gardner said...

Isn't the snow crazy? It's taken me almost a year to get used to it. The first time I had to figure out hoe to scrape my windows was hilarious. My neighbor had to show me how, otherwise it would have taken hours. Poor Justin never gets to see the sky cause he always has a blanket over his head. I'm glad you're getting to meet people though. Soon it'll start feeling like home.